So, what are some of the requirements for my ideal UFO website?
- Integration with Google Maps. Clustering is used to identify the areas on the map with the most activity, then you can zoom in for more detail. You can also restrict the map to any date range.
- Easy image uploading and viewing. Images can be uploaded by the person reporting the UFO, they can be easily viewed while looking at the sighting report, and the full-size images can be downloaded.
- Video integration. Built-in video encoding and viewing, bypassing the need to rely on YouTube.
- Social tools for website members to vote sightings up or down and to comment and ask questions about specific sighting reports. And, the ability for the original sighting reporter to respond to the questions and comments.
- Built-in tools for investigations. Investigation results are posted alongside the original report. Other organizations investigate sightings, but their investigation reports are closed to the public. What is the point?
- The ability for website members to watch or "follow" interesting UFO sightings. Email messages notify them when a sighting has been updated with new information or comments.
- And more...
Check it out and let me know what you think.